Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cadence


Cadence

a concluding and usually falling strain; specifically : a musical chord sequence moving to a harmonic close or point of rest and giving the sense of harmonic completion

She danced and twirled
An exultant face
Twinkling eyes and merry mouth
At the end
A bow with arms unfurled
“Did you like my ballet?”
A querying look
A questioning eye
A persistent grin
“I do,” I say.

“Would you like to see my scars?”
Criss-cross lines
Etch across her torso
What four transplant surgeries
Have caused so far.
This precious child
Has experienced much,
Adoption, surgeries, sickness.
But she sees beauty everywhere
I glimpsed it when she smiled.

Fighting battles everyday
Never letting go of love
Or hope
An inspiration to those who
Have lost their way.
Cadence finds harmony
In her pain
And her joy
She is resilient
This is her symphony

Finale

No comments:

Post a Comment