Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Beginning

Well, here I am. I created a blog. *insert applause here*
As of right now it doesn't have a very specific purpose. But I will probably use it to post poetry that I have written, thoughts on life (so stereotypical, I know), growth in my spiritual life, to show off some of my designs, or possibly to give you all some style tips. ;)

I chose my blog's name from a poem by Emily Dickinson. Which will now become the body of this post.

I would not paint a picture.
I'd rather be the one
Its bright impossibility
To dwell delicious on,
And wonder how the fingers feel
Whose rare celestial stir
Evokes so sweet a torment,
Such sumptuous despair.

I would not talk like cornets.
I'd rather be the one
Raised softly to horizons
And out, and easy on
Through villages of ether,
Myself endued balloon
By but a lip of metal,
The pier to my pontoon.

Nor would I be a poet.
It's finer own the ear,
Enamored, impotent, content
The license to revere-
A privilege so awful
What would the dower be
Had I the art to stun myself
With bolts of melody!

2 comments:

  1. I like that poem.

    did you know most emily dickinson poems can be sung to the tune of gilligan's island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I think I had heard something to that effect someplace. But I think it would be comical to hear them sung to that tune. :)

    ReplyDelete